Monday, March 20, 2006

My Card Was American Express

My Name.... Adriana. I used to hate my name, until around the age of 22. Now I love it, and can even find a coffee cup that spells it correctly.

childhood ambition.... To be a doctor, or a scientist. I collected "specimens" from my grandma's backyard all the time. I had a live snail collection that repulsed my sister but intrigued me to no end. I spent countless hours watching them slide up and down the sides of the tank and eat rose leaves.

fondest memory.... There are so many, but as a kid I loved going on Saturday trips to the bookstore with my uncle and sister. She always picked out books, and I paper dolls. I was into colors, people, shapes and figures way before I loved words.

soundtrack.... A compilation of bands most people hate, but I love.

retreat..... My secret hiding space I found while driving around last week, and when I need to go further there's my other secret hiding space up the coast.

wildest dream.... To be out of debt, out of school and comfortable with my purpose in life which had yet to be determined

proudest moment.... When I can trust you without a second thought.

biggest challenge.... Acceptance, love and life. They are all a constantly testing me.

alarm clock.... The cats meowing, the bed stirring and the cellphone chiming.

perfect day.... Sleeping-in then waking-up to waves crashing, a perfect cup of coffee, a familiar voice asking how I slept, a stroll, a lazy lunch, shopping and buying things I don't need but do want, a nap, two hours of undisturbed reading, a good story told by a good person, lots of laughing, an expensive but greasy and delicious dinner (it can happen) with a great glass of wine, and lots and lots of probing questions that I have to truly contemplate before answering.

first job.... Family snoop and cry baby. My first paying job? Pizza clerk slave, where the owner's son cut blocks of cocaine of the chopping block in the back, and slapped my ass repeatedly. I was 15.

indulgence.... Coffebean and tealeaf

last purchase.... a dress for an art show

favorite movie.... West Side Story. I can recite the entire scene where Tony is killed. I will make you fucking cry with my rendition, or laugh.

inspiration.... My sister.

I used to.... Have a birthmark on my left cheek. I scratched it off when I was 9, while laying in bed with fever. I still have the scar where it was and there has only been one other person who was ever able to find it without me asking them to locate it. I used to think no one had ever really looked at me until they had seen it. I challenge you to find it.

My Life.... Is starting to take some direction- I will keep you posted.

My Card.... Was cut into itty bitty little pieces. And I am slowly rebuilding my credit that I destroyed at a very young age.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mallow said...

After having contact with all kinds of people, finding a retreat is one of the best things you can do for yourself. (take a sketchbook w/you next time and just doodle or write) :)

9:09 AM  
Blogger dropdeadred said...

That is a very good idea.
You're so very right.

10:50 AM  
Blogger dropdeadred said...

Trust me, you and I share things that go unsaid. You are not unworthy at all.
You are my rock.

8:07 PM  
Blogger RockO said...

your perfect day was awesome, you got it.

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home